Monday, September 14, 2009

And So it Begins...Day 1

This morning I took my first TB treatment pill. It was suggested I take it on an empty stomach. But if for some reason it makes me upset, than I can take it with a meal. What the hell? Those seem like completely opposite ways of taking this thing. Can we be any less consistent? Whatever though.

In case there was any confusion, the treatment is one pill a day, every day, for nine months. That's it. Just one pill. It was suggested I also take an additional B6 vitamin, but I don't have to. I was also told having a healthy diet and taking a daily supplement pill would suffice. My response to both suggestions? Meh, maybe I will and maybe I won't.

As one that typically freaks out about any adverse affect my body is having, this surprisingly hasn't made me so much as lift an eyebrow. I feel like there are much more important things to worry about than this latent TB and treatment...like who is going to be kicked off the next episode of "So You Think You Can Dance." What? We all have our guilty pleasures. Mine are this show and Beyonce. Cut me some slack, I have TB.

No comments: