Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Day 3 and a Visual Lesson

I imagine there are some visual learners out there, who best understand new information by seeing it. So, in order to reach out to those of you, I thought I would share a little visual tool of the differences between latent TB and active TB. The NP I have been working with initially drew this out for me, despite the fact I DID go to college and studied "stuff" in the science field. She obviously studied "stuff" in the art field.



This diagram clearly shows some ways of contracting TB as well as the symptoms and how one may feel when having either of the TBs. As one can see in the latent TB side of the diagram, I have a granuloma that surrounds my TB exposure in my lungs. It is this natural self defense that allows me to have the much less severe latent form of TB.

Hopefully you visual learners have a much better idea and understanding of what is going on in someone who has been exposed to TB. I keep this very real drawing on my wall at work, as a reminder to take my treatment medication. Look how bad that person on the active TB side looks. I want to stay happy and healthy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My screen shows 0 comments for this post